Saturday News Roundup #113
Crossroads has signed The Old Paths to a long-term recording agreement (video).
- The Booth Brothers recently taped a video at Gaither Studios. They “sat down with Bill to discuss music, life, family and their faith. After their interview, they all gathered around the piano with Bill to enjoy a little impromptu harmonizing.” They have posted a photo gallery here. (Hat Tip, TGF)
- Jeff and Sheri Easter are hosting a contest on their Twitter account, with a prize package gained once they add 1,000 new followers.
- The Mark Trammell Quartet had a bus fire last week; since it was confined to a bay, thankfully, they only have to replace a wiring harness, several air conditioners, and some wiring. They’re expecting that the bus will be back on the road within a few days.
- In a first for Southern Gospel, Ernie Haase & Signature Sound debuted an online Magazine on Issuu.
- Worship Leader Magazine interviews Bill Gaither. [EDIT, 6/18/12: Broken link removed.]
- Off-topic but also worthwhile: Bruce Ware on Psalm 2 (video). It’s the best response to Rob Bell and The Shack that I’ve seen to date—largely because the focus is on the glory and majesty of the truth, not on the magnitude of the error.
Home video footage of the Cathedrals is rare enough to make any discovery a particular delight. Here’s a November 1991 rendition of “Wedding Music”:
It’s open thread Saturday—you decide!